The Community Trikes Programme caters for all ages and abilities.
Community Trikes at the Grassroots Trust Velodrome are great for anyone, whether new to cycling and fitness, living with limited mobility or undergoing rehabilitation following illness or injury. We have a fleet of trikes that vary in style and functionality with coaches trained in trike use and safety to guide you. This is a great way to maintain or increase your fitness level, community interaction and wellbeing.
Come join us and give it a try. Trikes at the Grassroots Trust Velodrome could well be the experience you have been looking for to find a healthier, more vibrant you.
To book, simply call us on (07) 823 1421 / 0800 VELODROME or email email@example.com and we'll get you sorted for a session that works for you.
The Benefits of Trike Riding
The benefits of exercise are well documented for any age group and any physical status. The Grassroots Trust Velodrome Community Trikes provide potential solutions to issues associated with limited mobility.
Our trikes have also become a popular sporting and exercise alternative for those that love walking and riding but may have found they require more support to maintain their lifestyle.
Velodrome Trike benefits include:
- Improved balance and mobility
- Cardio fitness
- Improved fine motor skills
- Improved confidence
- Reconnecting with the environment
Grassroots Trust Velodrome Community Trikes strive to provide accessible and affordable adaptive cycling opportunities that enhance the individual’s life experiences and choices;
- By giving equal opportunity to fitness and community related services for those living with the effects of reduced mobility and their immediate support network.
- By offering individuals a variety of cycling options to achieve new ways to enjoy life while improving fitness, social interaction and community participation.
Trike Styles & Options
The type of trike you ride is most often dependent on two crucial areas; your level of mobility and your core strength.
Both of these factors will influence the style and level of trike you may choose to ride. Each trike has its own benefits whether it is a standard trike, seated hand crank or recumbent.
With a range of trikes to suit individual needs, your riding success will depend on how confident, comfortable and safe you feel. Our trained Grassroots Trust Velodrome Trikes coaches will guide and assist you to provide the best possible experience on the trike that works best for you.
Trike sessions run hourly every weekday morning for 60 minutes per session.
- Individual and group sessions are available
- Bookings are essential
- Sessions times are subject to change
To view our current session times, check our track schedule here.
Please note: All sessions must be pre-booked via reception – no booking, no entry.
Need more information? simply get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (07) 823 1421 / 0800 VELODROME. We’d love to help.
Community Trikes Rates
Includes trike, helmet, and coach.
Paying for the term
- This is a one off payment (depending which day is chosen) and covers a total of 11 weeks.
- The price varies as there are either public holidays or events on meaning less sessions.
- The payment is taken at the beginning of each term.
- We offer casual sessions throughout the week.
- These are either Mon/Thur/Fri at 9am OR Wednesday or Thursday at 12pm and costs $10.00 per visit.
- 6 sessions for $45.00 with two months to use them
- 10 sessions for $75.00 with three months to use them