Conditions of Entry
Entry to Grassroots Trust Velodrome is based on your full agreement with these basic Conditions of Entry*, which have been designed with everyone’s safety and comfort in mind.
Management reserves the right to refuse entry to any person, and to remove from the premises, without refund, any person who violates any of the conditions listed below. We also reserve the right to inspect any bag and/or articles of clothing via screening equipment and/or bag search checks. No ticket refunds or exchanges will be provided in case of violation of these conditions.
*Restrictions may vary from event to event, so please check the event website for the event you will be attending for any additional notes or conditions that might apply.
- Obey instructions from our uniformed staff (includes event volunteers) at all times.
- Children under the age of 13 must be supervised by a responsible adult while on the premises.
- The movement of customers within our premises is monitored by CCTV cameras. You may also be photographed for training or promotional use. Rights to all such footage stays with Grassroots Trust Velodrome.
- You may only occupy the area and / or seat indicated on your ticket.
- Do not attempt to enter a restricted area.
- Climbing on barricades and crowd surfing are not permitted.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- No parts of your body must extend through the outer perimeter fence of the track.
- Extra care must be taken to ensure no food, drink or any other items fall onto the track.
Behaviour and Etiquette
- Drink responsibly: Anyone intoxicated or using drugs will be removed from the building without recourse.
- Use of smartphones or other devices must not cause distraction or annoyance to others.
- Unruly and antisocial behaviour will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to, verbal/physical abuse of staff and other customers, attempting to enter a restricted area, climbing, defacing, littering, throwing objects, blocking thoroughfares or fire exits.
- No photographs - Please respect everyone's privacy. Do not take photographs or videos on the infield without permission.
- All coaches (gym and track) using the Home of Cycling facilities must adhere by the Coaches Code of Conduct.
- Personal effects such as coat, bag, umbrella, so long as they can be carried with you or easily stored under your seat.
- You take responsibility for any permitted personal items you bring to the arena. We do our best to return lost property, but we are not liable for any loss or damage that may occur.
- Phones and other such personal devices (please see Etiquette note above) ipad/tablet, laptop.
- Camera policy varies from event to event, but usually small, non-professional type cameras may be brought to events).
- Registered Guide Dogs, mobility equipment.
- Alcohol in any type of container
- Bottles, cans, glass containers
- Gang patches or colours
- Firearms, fireworks, flares, laser lights
- Weapons of any kind, mace, tasers
- Illegal substances
- Musical Instruments, rollerblades, skateboards, scooters, bicycles, sporting equipment
- Marker pens, spray paint, tagging equipment
- Signage and promotional products
- Animals other than guide dogs
- Professional-type cameras & other video or audio recording equipment (this may vary from event to event – please refer to the event website page for details)
- Commercially branded food and drink (eg, fast food)
- Steel-toed boots
- Selfie sticks
A Note on Alcohol
Following are the only accepted forms of ID for the purchase and consumption of alcohol:
- A valid passport
- New Zealand Drivers Licence
- HANZ 18+ card
Alcoholic beverages must not be taken in or out of Grassroots Trust Velodrome. You may not supply alcohol to anyone under 18 on our premises. Anyone intoxicated will be removed from the premises and will not be re-admitted.